LED Retrofitting Explained
LED stands for “Light Emitting Diode.” LEDs are super energy-efficient, they don’t fade with the elements, they’re cost-effective and durable. They also emit a lot of light without giving off excessive heat or taking up huge amounts of space. Being as almost every appliance today houses LEDs, it’s worth considering the benefits of LED retrofitting!
When you contract with a signage company for LED retrofitting, you are converting an existing light fixture to LEDs.
Does your business have an illuminated sign? Your signage could be a candidate for LED retrofitting if you currently have:
The Perks of LED Retrofitting
For many businesses, the first and often most lasting impression is what customers see for the first time. Signage plays a big factor in spiking curiosity, interest, and can ultimately set a positive or negative expectancy towards a business.
Is your sign not looking up to par? Instead of replacing your entire sign, consider LED retrofitting to brighten up your existing sign with crisp white illumination or even vibrant colors! This is a quick and easy way to give new life to old signage!
Benefits of LED Retrofitting
- LEDs are much brighter than traditional lighting. Not only will you turn heads, but your sign will also become more visible and legible for customers to read.
- Boasts improved energy efficiency by lasting around 25 times longer than fluorescent lighting, and use approximately 80 percent less energy. You will certainly save on electric bills and maintenance costs! LEDs last at least 3 years (if illuminated 24 hours a day).
- On average it takes less than 2 years to gain a return on investment.
- Better for the environment and easier to dispose of compared to fluorescents which contain small amounts of mercury.
- “A breeze to install”. Fewer parts and labor costs for maintenance after you make the switch to retrofit.
Don Bell Signs ensures that LED tracks will be installed per the manufacturer-recommended spacing to guarantee maximum brightness for your sign. This prevents dimly illuminated signs as a result of spacing the LED tracks too far apart. Check out this link to see more info from the manufacturer!
Ready to upgrade your existing fluorescent, metal halide, halogen, or HPS lights to LED lighting? Contact Don Bell Signs today.
Don Bell Signs is a Florida sign company based out of Port Orange. Our fleet and signage installation teams extend our reach to other major metropolitan areas across the Southeast US. Our sign installation services extend across the entire state of Florida and into Georgia, South Carolina, and other states. Our sign repair & maintenance services span a 250-mile radius – Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Lakeland and Tampa.Tags: LED, retrofitting
Categorised in: Sign Maintenance